Are you planning to homeschool your children this year?
And are unable to make up your mind because you are confuse and thinking is homeschooling a good idea?
I am confused too because of covid, I don’t want to send my kids to school. I want to homeschool them.
There are so many benefits of homeschooling online as everything is available online now.
You can find a lot of homeschooling resources here.
So you may ask yourself,
Why are more parents homeschooling?
Why do people homeschool?
If you are confused like me, it’s time you look at some of the pros and cons of homeschooling your children. Although there are many financial benefits of homeschooling but it’s better to weigh pros and cons.
Advantages of homeschooling
As a parent, you can have control over this:
- You can select a curriculum that suits your child’s needs.
- You can decide your own choice of schedule for studying and making it fun for the children.
- This activity can facilitate enriching the bond between you and the child.
- You can make the whole schedule easier for the kids and teach them that learning can be fun.
- Learn unique teaching methods to educate your children about some of the difficult concepts.
- Once they grasp the concept move on to the next assignment.
- Utilizing the fact that your homeschooling you can create a flexible schedule for your children.
- Sit down with your child and be a part of the teaching process so that they can learn better, unlike schools where individual attention is impossible.
- Play an important part in understanding what sort of art your child is interested in and help them boost that particular skill.
- As a parent, you can discuss difficult subjects with your children when you are comfortable.
- Creating fun assignments for your children to complete and gain a reward for good behavior.
- This will provide you an opportunity to spend quality time with your children.
- This can further help tackle the difficult phases of your child’s life when they grow up.
- Ability to spend quality family time and vacations meanwhile keeping a track of your child’s education.
Disadvantages of homeschooling
A lot of parents believe that benefits of public schools over homeschooling are greater and they may think right. Have a look at these homeschooling disadvantages.
- Your children can become restless and irritable from staying home all the time.
- You will constantly have to explain to people why did you choose homeschooling over public or private schools.
- Keeping calm during the tough sessions of learning, especially if the child is struggling or misbehaving.
- You will have to manage the difficulty of being behind the public school curriculum.
- You will have to purchase all the study material yourself, which can be a bit costly.
- You will have to constantly try new teaching methods to keep the learning process moving successfully.
- Keeping the motivation level high for your children as the children are staying at home.
- You can join groups with other parents who are homeschooling their children to keep up with new and exciting teaching methods.
- You will have to learn all kinds of reading material to understand what is good for your child.
- This is going to be the hardest step in helping your children make friends as they would do at school.
So Is homeschooling effective?
There are many reasons to homeschool your kids, financial conditions, covid or your kid’s behavior.
Make sure you consider all the features and factors before making this decision. This way you will know exactly what you are dealing with and how hard or easy the process is going to be.
Love your blog..right on time.
Sending kids to school seema so scary to me. I too habe decided to homeschool.
Rabia Nabeel says
Love ur blog . Still confused wat to do as education is important for kids as well as there health