Dubai is a city that is bursting with so many incredible attractions and fascinating architecture. In recent years, it has become one of the premier tourist destinations in the world attracting millions of tourists. There are infinite things to do in Dubai and listing down a few of them will not do justice to this city of many contrasts. Let’s explore some of the most amazing things this city is known for.
- Burj Khalifa: The tallest building in the world, this architectural marvel is on every traveler’s bucket list. It has two observation decks, one on the 124th floor and the other on the 148th floor. Take the second-fastest elevator in the world to one of the observation decks for a spectacular bird’s eye view of the entire city. Offering a diverse sight of the ocean on one side and the desert on the other, this is going to be one of the most unforgettable experiences of your lifetime. Plan your visit in advance to avoid last-minute stress.
- Dubai Aquarium: One of the largest suspended aquariums in the world, it is located in the Dubai Mall. Surround yourself with some of the most intriguing aquatic creatures. The underwater zoo takes you through a transparent acrylic tunnel, where you come face-to-face with killer sharks, the terrifying 750 kgs King Croc, and different kinds of fish, including the Manta Rays. You can even take a glass-bottom boat tour, shark-diving and cage snorkeling.
- The Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood: One of the oldest heritage sites in Dubai, this place will transport you back in time. Also known as The Bastakiya Quarter, this splendid old Arabian place is full of narrow cobbled lanes and buildings constructed out of black coral from the sea. Filled with charming cafes, little shops, and beautiful art galleries, you can surely spend a few hours just strolling by. There are several wind towers, which were used in the earlier days instead of air conditioners. While here, don’t forget to visit the Dubai Museum.
- Jumeirah Beach: Located on the coast of the Persian Gulf, this pristine white sand beach is visited by thousands of tourists every year. The cluster of plush resorts and prominent landmarks such as Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Park, and Wild Wadi Water Park add a lot of elegance to this lively beach. There are lot of watersports and other beach activities such as jet-skiing, kitesurfing for all those adventure junkies. A perfect place to spend an entire day!
- Dhow Cruise – Dubai’s traditional trading boat, the dhow has got a complete makeover. Climb aboard this lovely, fully air-conditioned vessel and cruise past the illuminated souks and magnificent high-rises. Relish mouthwatering Arabian buffet dinner, enjoy live entertainment on-board and admire the starry waterfront. A cruise aboard the beautifully-lit dhow is a perfect way to spend evenings with your loved ones. You can head to the historic Dubai Creek, uber-stylish Dubai Marina or imposing Dubai Canal to experience this alternative way of sightseeing in Dubai.
- Jumeirah Mosque: Located on the gorgeous Dubai Marina, this is the only mosque in Dubai where non-Muslims are allowed entry. Constructed with beautiful white marble, this mosque is a brilliant example of Islamic culture. The stone structure is built in the medieval Fatimid tradition, with two stone minarets. The mosque’s image is printed on the 500-dirham note. There is a guided tour of the mosque for non-Muslims. Women are supposed to wear a headscarf called ‘Abaya’ and men must cover their shoulders and knees while visiting this mosque.
- Dubai Mall: A visit to one of the largest malls in the world, should surely make it to your Dubai things to-do list. The mall is home to some of the most luxurious restaurants, extravagant stores, and sophisticated hotels. There are innumerable entertainment zones such as Dubai Aquarium, VR Park and The Dubai Fountain to name a few. And hold your breath – there is an ATM that dispenses gold bars and gold coins. Also known as the home of the Dubai Shopping Festival, this place is heaven for all the shoppers.
- Dubai Desert: A city known for its abundant golden sand, no trip to Dubai is complete without a desert safari. Hop on a camel for the most exciting ride of your life. Camp on the sprawling desert with a delicious Arabian dinner or watch the amazing belly dancers and other traditional performers. Enjoy fun activities such as sandboarding, quad biking, dune bashing and more. There are plenty of safari options. The choices are endless, and the experience is worth every penny spent.
- Ski Dubai: Visit Ski Dubai, one of the largest indoor ski resorts in the world, to escape the blistering heat of Dubai. Indulge in various snow activities such as tobogganing, snowboarding, and skiing. Spend a delightful time with penguins from Antarctica at the penguin park for a wonderful experience. With an 85-meter high mountain and a snow cave for kids, there is plenty to keep you occupied throughout the day.
- Miracle Garden: One of the most beautiful and biggest manmade flower gardens in the world, this is a paradise for all nature lovers. This place features models of some of the most popular establishments in Dubai. Spread over 72000 square meters, this garden has a collection of more than 100 million flowers with unique arrangements. The vibrant hues and verdant greenery will leave you spellbound. Stroll the pathways and enjoy the riot of colors.
- Dubai Dolphinarium: Visit this place for a super fun experience and an educational encounter with dolphins and seals. Interact with these amazing creatures, enjoy their frolics such as dancing, singing, and playing and even get an opportunity to swim with them. It is a perfect place to visit with your family and spend an entire day.
Conclusion: Dubai offers new and engaging experiences to all its visitors every single time. It is the perfect destination for a fun-filled and exciting vacation with your family. Be it the extravagant shopping malls, or never-ending desserts, the inspiring architecture or its many adventure parks, there is never a dull moment in this magical city.
This is a guest post from a friend and a travel blogger, Neha. You can find her on facebook too 🙂